Ibsen Fused Silica Transmission Gratings
A brief overview of the features and benefits of Ibsen's fused silica transmissionb grating technology.
Highest quality gratings are demanded in applications including telecommunications, spectrometry, laser systems as well as astronomy and space instruments.
Ibsen Photonics has been manufacturing diffraction gratings for over a decade, with a focus on highest quality, transmissive gratings manufactured holographically in fused silica. We utilize multiple production technologies in order to be able to offer highest quality gratings at the right cost in one-off, small and large volumes. For transmission grating applications that require high diffraction efficiency, exceptional grating period (grating pitch) control, grating periods in the range 200 nm - 2000 nm and/or high cleanliness, Ibsen is your competent grating partner.
Features and benefits
- Ibsen's holographic production technologies - originally developed for it's most demanding Phase mask products - enable world-leading absolute period control, which combined with the fundamental holographic advantages of grating uniformity without e-beam stitching errors and writing field aberrations provides highest certainty in the geometric diffraction properties.
- 100% Fused silica gratings provide fantastic temperature stability and unbeatable environmental tolerance
- 100% Fused silica gratings provide highest energy/power damage threshold, including UV
- Grating periods down to 200 nm
- Grating period accuracy down to +/- 0.01 nm
- High diffraction efficiency with high dispersion
- Low polarization dependence (PDL) over broad spectral range
- Combined wavelength dispersion and folding elements
- Grating area possibilities more than 100 mm x 100 mm
- Multiple prototyping, small and medium volume production technologies
- Class 10 cleanroom production provides low noise and high cleanliness - as well as a controlled environment for Ibsen's extensive metrology capabilities.
- Extensive grating metrology including proprietary period measurement systems, a versatile diffraction efficiency measurement system, a high resolution defect inspection system as well as AFM/SEM ensures that agreed upon specifications are fullfilled.
- Spectrometer gratings
- Telecom modules
- Laser pulse compression gratings
- Spectral beam combining gratings
- Tunable lasers
- Beamsplitter gratings
Below is a product overview of important grating types including a brief description - you can also access these conveniently through the navigator.
- Telecom gratings
- Polarization independent (PING) telecom gratings from Ibsen are produced by holographic stepper technology in 100% dielectric materials. This leads to unbeatable thermal and environmental stability, with no polymers, epoxies, gelatins or metals in the optical path nor in the grating whatsoever. Advanced etching technology ensures highest diffrection efficiency and lowest PDL over a very broad bandwidth. Low angular sensitivity is an added bonus for module design and assembly.
- Pulse Compression Gratings
- As femtosecond laser systems advance to ever-increasing energy levels, demands to the energy/power handling capabilities of pulse compression gratings increase. Ibsen manufacturers 100% fused silica Pulse Compression Gratings that offer unbeatable energy/power handling capacity, combined with high-effiency, low wavefront distortion performance.
- Spectrometer gratings
- Ibsen has developed manufacturing technologies to produce 1 - or to produce thousands - each being a holographic, 100% fused silica MasterPiece but at prices previously only possible for replicas.
- Other grating applications
- Our fused silica grating capabilities can be applied to many other niche grating applications, and our production technologies are suitable for producing from 1's up to many 1000's. Let us know your requirements.
Request a quotation on-line by following the quote link at the upper right of this page.
For further reading, Ibsen has authored a white paper on fused silica transmission gratings.